Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Night Before We Leave...

It's finally here! We have been planning for this for what seems like forever and we officially leave tomorrow at 6:15 p.m.



We had all been out of town for a while and hadn't seen each other in nearly 2 weeks. I went to the lake with my entire family - children and all - and just got back today. Brooke was in Colorado until a few days ago. And Whitney went with her family and boyfriend, Austin, to Hilton Head, SC and her flight got in late this afternoon. Needless to say - I began to panic earlier today. I finished packing a week and a half ago because I am OCD. Brooke started packing this morning and finished most of it by this afternoon.



And then there's Whit... she got in from Hilton Head and called us to come over under the premise of helping her pack, around 6 p.m. When Brooke and I get there, Whitney wants to take pictures.





So we take some pictures...It's business as usual, UNTIL...
WHITNEY GOT ENGAGED!!
He gets 3 wives for the price of 1.
Brooke and I were super emotional. It took us 30 minutes to stop crying/gaping at the ring. So instead of packing Whitney, we went for dinner and drinks to CELEBRATE!
We are so happy that Austin is officially joining our family!


We are so excited to celebrate with everyone when we get back... but for now we have one last hooray, just the 3 of us.
-Kiley


*We did eventually get Whitney packed... or at least on the right track.

2 comments: