Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 4: London

Dear Loyal Followers,

Since I am in charge of the alarm clock and waking us up.. we decided to sleep in today and it was wonderful. We met our lovely roommate last night when we came in late after playing cards and she was already asleep. We attempted to be quiet but it was hard when all of us are less than 5 feet away from her. This morning (afternoon) after we got up we didn't get our daily shower in because the hostel was having water issues and the hot water was turned off all day until 5PM. I attempted to take one when I got up but I didn't like the way it felt when ice cubes are shooting out at me.

For lunch, B&K wanted to get traditional fish and chips so we decided to go to Sherlock Holmes Pub which they had seen yesterday on our bus tour. Wanting to try something traditional as well, I got Steak and Mushroom in Ale Pie. Lunch was probably 1000 calories but well worth it! With the walking, we will work it off (we hope!). After lunch we wandered the streets in search of Oxford street because we were told it had great shopping. I asked several people on the way how to get there and one special friend grabbed my hand while looking at B&K and said: I like your Mum, is this your Mum? B&K thought this was quite humorous while I... did not.

We found cute shopping along Regent St. and turned onto Carnaby Street which was amazing. We were wondering where the great shopping was all week and we finally find it... the day before we leave. After our feet were about to fall off, we made our way to the tube and went to the Kings Cross Station to visit Platform 9-3/4 as seen in Harry Potter. We stood in line with several other people and took pictures and then went back to the hostel.

Now, we are in the computer room checking on FB and having a drink. We'll probably go to bed early since we have to wake up in the middle of the night to catch our train to Paris! Our new roomie will LOVE us.

Love you all very much and miss you!
Whitney

4 comments:

  1. Mum, I like you too! I really enjoy reading these, so keep 'em coming! Hope y'all are having a great time and taking tons of pictures.
    Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you, watch out for the hairy women in Paris, they're nasty! OK that's all, Bye!!

    -Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the shopping!! Can't wait to hear about Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour filles! Coffre-fort et voyages heureux. Nous aimons et vous manquons!

    Hello girls! Safe and happy travels. We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From long experience, you might not want to have Whitney in charge of the alarm clock. Makes for short days. we are going through blog withdrawal. MORE BLOGS. Daddy Lawshe

    ReplyDelete